Thursday, December 6, 2012

chapter 18

Just a little bit more on death .We had a small memorial service for a friend of mine who died of cancer earlier in the year . His name is Steve Inwood , and was my boss at a summer camp back in the late 70's and early 80's . Anyway , there he was sitting in the front of the room , smiling and taking it all in .

Steve is the only person to have figured me out . In so many words , his message to me was loud and clear : "Stu , they are going to fuck you "...and they did !!!

I have no real regrets in life - possibly because I have had a fulfilling life , possibly because I am stupid -but I do wish I had kept in contact with Steve . It is this simple : if you really love people ; if you really want to be authentic...do not , under any circumstances , attend any organized religion . 

No comments:

Post a Comment