Wednesday, December 5, 2012

chapter 15

Back to the man on the airplane . The first time that I was really unequivocally aware of this individual was in 1980 . I went to pick up a friend at the ferry terminal  to P . E . I .( If you have never been there , you should visit -beautiful )* . There was a little boy waiting for the ferry and we quickly involved ourselves in a conversation . I was only 18 , but even at that age , I quickly picked up upon something being quite different about the kid . Eventually the ferry came , and I asked him if he had enough money to make the crossing . He just smiled and said : " I don't need any money , my father is driving the boat " . It was the first time I had ever experienced someone bullshitting me and telling me the truth at the same time . It felt strange . 

* Prince Edward Island , not the ferry terminal .

No comments:

Post a Comment