Wednesday, December 5, 2012

chapter 12

I get a job as a chef . I am told that I was hired because I didn't know how to cook . The philosophy is simple : if I haven't learned to do something , then I haven't learned how to fuck it up .It is true ; unlearning is a Hell of a lot harder than learning .

My boss has learned how to commit adultery . He says that fucking around on his wife , more or less , is an art form .

The chef throws a knife and pins the waitresses dress to the wall . He also has a neat way of tenderizing steak . He throws it on the ground and stomps on it . They are right about one thing : I never learned how to cook like this before .   

I  quit my job . As I walk out the door , I think I see Drinky out of the corner of my eye . I am like a man on the desert , believing with his entire heart that he sees water just over the horizon .

No comments:

Post a Comment